Music For Babies (Walkers)
Building Brain Connections Through Engaging Activities
You have heard lots about how music makes your baby smarter but would you like to find out how? In our classes you will find out ways to activate that little mind of hers and what activities stimulate sight, auditory processing, co-odination, balance and all the other things your child is going to need to develop life skills. Sensory stimulation is how your baby learns and our classes that are on the go, changing activities every few minutes are designed to capture the best ways to help your child learn easily. As they giggle, jump, roll and dance, it will put a smile on your face. Build lifelong memories as you participate each week together.
For Babies1 - 2 years (walkers)
In our baby music classes in Toowoomba, every lesson brings a balanced combination of repetition and new experiences. Drums, scarves and baby safe bells are favourites amongst our smallest students. You will find receptive language start to flourish and we love to watch our babies giggle as we blow bubbles and dance together in a circle.
Kindermusik Sing & Play for babies encourages children to explore the world around them. Using all their senses, babies will experience concepts with their bodies, ears and eyes. Gradually they learn to link actions with words until the meaning of the word becomes clear. Concepts such as high and low, fast and slow, rough and smooth are explored. Baby safe instruments are used in class and available for purchase to use in the home.
In addition, you will learn about how your child learns, how to engage that little brain of theirs. Playing instruments, singing, moving and exploring uncover an engaging musical world while building your baby's confidence, self-control and communication skills.
Books, CDs and instruments to take home:
Your term fees include home materials to keep at home to extend what we do in class. Over time, your child will build a library of great books and music CDs as well as an orchestra of instruments.
Each term includes:
- 2 x beautifully designed board books
- 2 x CDs with a variety of musical styles
- 1 X Baby safe musical instrument
- Minimum 9 classes (with unlimited makeups and bonus classes available while enroled)
- Free parenting seminars and workshops when held by Kids Discover
- Access to our Online Parent Portal (online booking for bonus classes, personal calendar, email retrieval, invoicing, downloads and more)
What you will experience in class:
- Variety of music. Musical diversity builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind, which is why each Kindermusik semester contains an array of styles, sounds, and genres.
- Instrument play. Age-appropriate experiences with child-safe instruments enhances a sense of rhythm and steady beat, develops a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sound, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance. A classroom full of baby and adult pairs dancing together helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together time. A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time”, offering you a place to create special memories with your child, gain new insights into your child’s development, and nurture your child’s natural love of music.
- Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains “what-to-watch-for” every step of the way and how each activity enhances your child’s complete development
- Learning continues at home. With the home materials, the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher—you!