Music For Toddlers
Developing a Child's Natural Musicianship
Our toddler music and sensory classes build brain connections and skills every lesson. For toddlers, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite their growing independence, however, 2 - 3 year olds still long for safety and security; they relish the comfort of the familiar while seeking the challenge of something new. Watch language explode through stories, music and rhyme and your child's self control improve through stop and start games. Our toddler classes encourage your child to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while your presence and participation offer needed reassurance and support.
LEVEL 2: Toddlers 2 - 3 years
Take Home Books, CDs Musical Instruments and More...
Learning happens every day, not just in the classroom during lessons so we give you the tools to use at home to extend what we do during the week.
Every term your child will receive:
- 2 x Beautifully designed books
- 2 x CDs with all of the music from class
- 1 x Musical Instrument
- Minimum 9 classes (with unlimited makeups and bonus classes available while enroled)
- Free parenting seminars and workshops when held by Kids Discover
- Access to our Online Parent Portal (online booking for bonus classes, personal calendar, email retrieval, invoicing, downloads and more)
What you’ll experience in our toddler music and sensory classes:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead her to discover her potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
- Vocal play. Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Wiggle & Grow, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration time. Your child will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds and movements.
- Story time and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help her learn to read music.
- Movement activities. Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together time. Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice. A Kindermusik educator explains how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.