4 – 6 years old
As concepts taught become more formal and more in depth with rhythm reading, musical terms, and note reading, these children internalize concepts through movement, singing and dance.
These classes are the best foundation for more formal instrumental lessons. Children will experience time signatures, modes, scales, and other musical concepts through using their bodies, voice and instruments.
A great way to enhance school learning as musical activities fire every area of the brain. Music skills – math skills – life skills!
- Unlimited classes per week
- Take home books, CDs and instruments
- 45 minute lessons
- Parenting tools to make everyday easier
A great way to lay the foundation for private instrumental lessons when completed. Developmentally appropriate, children learn about rhythm, note reading, time signatures, musical terms etc but through movement instrument play and drama.
At this age, children come to class for the first 35 minutes alone and parents come in for group activities for the final 10 minutes.
For children not yet ready for the discipline demands of private instrumental lessons, this is a great preparation for any instrument.
Here’s what some of our parents say about our classes:
- Helps with Motherhood skills
- Children are ahead of their peers when they go to school
- The best part of our week!
- The books are a favourite at home
- Learn how to share and lots of different skills
- Loads of fun and a variety of teaching techniques are used
- Even shy children who don’t do much in class go home and do everything
- Children ask every day “Is today Kindermusik Mummy?”
- I learn as much as the kids do